Corporate Services Department Manager
Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Competitive salary depending on experience
Flexible working hours
This is an exciting opportunity for an ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent Manager, or someone looking to progress into management, to join our experienced and knowledgeable Corporate Services Department. The successful candidate will support the head of department whilst managing a portfolio of clients for all Directors in order to provide them with efficient and cost effective audit, accountancy, taxation and VAT services that meet the needs of clients and regulatory authorities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting the Principal Manager, the CSD Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients; responsible for work planning, liaising with clients and gaining a commercial understanding of their business in order to provide an advisory service to meet the client's needs
- Managing corporate audit and accountancy assignments as appropriate
- Delegating assignments to staff (in liaison with other managers) in order to ensure that workloads are evenly distributed and the right level of work is assigned not only to meet the client’s needs, but also to allow staff the opportunity to train and develop
- Working with the Principal Manager in setting clear performance objectives and competency standards for staff and objectively appraising their performance
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office
- Supplying management information as and when required (e.g. business plans)
- Representing and promoting the firm in formal and informal situations, attending seminars and networking events as a representative of the firm in order to retain existing clients and develop and win new business.
- Attending courses when required and maintaining an adequate level of CPD to ensure compliance with professional body requirements and develop personal skills
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent with current experience developed within an accounting and audit environment.
Supervisory/management and client portfolio management experience would also be beneficial.
Knowledge in accounting standards, international standards on auditing, Companies Act legislation and Charities Act would be advantageous.
Require Further Information?
If you require any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org