Financial Services Division – Paraplanner
You will be responsible for assisting the IFAs with technical and administrative duties for a range of products and provide specialist support for investment, pension mortgage and protection advice.
The team is multi-functional, including when required, Valuations, Anti-Money Laundering, Office Admin duties. The jobholder needs to be an excellent team member, with a flexible approach to working, with an ability to guide and support other members of the team.
- Creating and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and management
- Creating, implementing and maintaining any templates broadly used across the department
- Suitability report writing & calculation of charges
- Working with the IFAs to identify new business opportunities within the existing client bank, accountancy practice clients and beyond to help maximise the potential of the department
- Liaising with the advisors throughout the advice process
- Providing portfolio and fund analysis reports to advisors prior to client meetings
- Dealing with platforms and product providers to obtain information about existing and potential investments
- Researching investments, fund options, pension transfers, retirement options, mortgages, life assurance and income protection (due diligence & buy lists)
- Attending bimonthly departmental meetings and managing administration team meetings as required, minuting the meetings
- Attending courses when required and maintaining an adequate level of CPD to ensure compliance with FCA and professional body requirements and develop personal skills
- Representing and promoting the firm in formal and informal situations, attending seminars and networking events as a representative of the firm
- Meet industry and compliance deadlines where appropriate
- Working knowledge of Defaqto Engage, Iress exchange, F E Analytics, Old Mutual Wealth platform, Standard Life Wrap and James Hay platform, Scottish Widows & other provider websites and functionality
- Business planning, progress and development
- Recognised qualifications/proven IT skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- FCA compliance awareness
- Previous experience with a focus on customer service & compliance, within the Financial Services Industry
- A good understanding of the financial planning process, regulations and products, along with their practical application
- Experience of Intelligent Office is desirable
- Personal Effectiveness
This is about adopting a methodical approach to work. It involves planning and organising yourself and others in order to deliver work and prevent future problems. This includesthe ability to work under pressure, adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change.
- Achieving and Delivery
We need employees who are committed to making Allotts a success. “Drive for results” is the enthusiasm and desire to meet and exceed individual and departmental objectives and strive to improve their own performance. This is also about the ability to identify and implement ways to improve our processes and the way we do things.
- Working together
This competency implies the intention of working co-operatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together as opposed to working separately or competitively. This is also about the ability to impart accurate information (both verbal and written) in a timely way and be receptive to other peoples’ opinions and communicate effectively.
- Technical knowledge and application
You demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and skills in your specialist field that are appropriate to the level of your job and work to develop your knowledge and skills to enable you to progress and realise your full potential.
- Industry level 4
- GCSE, ‘O’ Level or equivalent standard with A-C passes in Mathematics and English;
Require Further Information?
If you wish to be considered for this role please download the application form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further information please email email@example.com